Hanoi Circuit Grandstands named after the famous provinces of Vietnam
Hanoi, January 10, 2020 - Vietnam Grand Prix (VGPC) - the organizer of the Formula 1 - Formula 1 - VinFast Vietnam Grand Prix - Officially announced the names of the grandstands after Vietnam's major cities. Through provinces that symbolize long history, culture and the development of the country, Hanoi's Formula 1 race will contribute to promoting Vietnam to millions of F1 racing fans.
Accordingly, the F1 race track in Vietnam is named Hanoi Circuit, demonstrating the pride of the capital when hosting one of the most prestigious sporting events on the planet, building a racing and entertainment facility of international stature. This is also one of the efforts to promote Hanoi to millions of F1 audiences watching the event from around the world. From here, Hanoi is listed on the map of Formula 1 in the world and is mentioned as an indispensable destination for Formula 1 fans in particular and international tourists in general.
The Hanoi Circuit is located in My Dinh with a length of 5,607m with 23 corners and is inspired by the racing lines from other famous Formula 1 race tracks. This is a unique hybrid track design, combining the purposely built racing track and existing street sections. This is also the first race designed by F1 in collaboration with Tilke Company (Germany), promising to become one of the most emotional and challenging tracks of this sport. With high-speed turns never seen in other street racing and with 3 passing points, the drivers will certainly have many opportunities to compete aggressively. This will be a test of skill and mental strength of the competitors, and will give enthusiasts a passionate weekend pace with breathtaking speed showdowns.
Hanoi race track is designed with 9 grandstands, named in order from the North to the South, from the first turn to the last turn with the names of Thang Long, Hai Phong, Ha Long, Hue Matrix One, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Saigon, Can Tho, Phu Quoc Stands respectively. The names were also chosen based on the characteristics of the turns at the venue of the stands.
Ms. Le Ngoc Chi, CEO of VGPC said: “Formula 1 race track is designed to show the dynamism and modernity of Hanoi capital as well as other major cities across the country, while honoring the cultural values, long history of the nation and spread these values to international friends.”
By naming the track and the stands after the important provinces of the country, VGPC affirms the Vietnamese mark of the race, from which to promote Vietnam to millions of viewers around the world.
Taking place from April 3 to April 5, 2020, the first Formula 1 race takes place in Vietnam will witness the top performances from the world's top drivers. This is the third race in the 22nd FIA F1 World Championship 2020, right after the race in Melbourne (Australia), Bahrain and in the opening group of the races in Asia.
The stands were named:
- Thang Long Grandstand: located at the starting line, named after the old name of Hanoi, symbolizing the continuous rise and development.
- Hai Phong Grandstand: located at the turn 1, named after the important port city, industrial center, the largest seaport in the North of Vietnam. This is also the third largest city in Vietnam, the second in the North and one of the 5 cities directly under the Central Government.
- Ha Long Grandstand: located on the turn of 2-3-4, named after Ha Long Bay, UNESCO World Heritage Site - one of the leading tourist attractions in Vietnam .
- Hue Matrix One Grandstand: located on turns 7-8 and named after the ancient capital of Hue, UNESCO heritage site in Vietnam. Hue Matrix One grandstand received the companion of MIK Group with The Matrix One real estate project with an ideal view straight down the Hanoi Racetrack.
- Da Nang Grandstand: located at the turn 10 and is named after Vietnam's fourth largest city - the central economic region of the Central region - famous for white sand beaches, Ba Na mountain, Son Peninsula. Tea, Marble Mountains... This is also one of the five cities directly under the Central
- Nha Trang Grandstand: located right before turn 11, named after the famous coastal city with beaches snorkeling locations and famous islands in Nha Trang Bay. This place is also known as the "Pearl of the South China Sea" with many famous tourist attractions in the world such as Vinpearl Nha Trang ...
- Saigon Grandstand: located on the 12th turn. Named after the largest city in Vietnam and one of Vietnam's most important economic, cultural, political and educational centers. Saigon is famous for places like Ben Thanh Market, Nguyen Hue Walking Street, Independence Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and the latest Landmark 81 tallest building in Southeast Asia.
- Can Tho Grandstand: located at the turn 13, named after the most modern and developed city in the Mekong Delta, famous floating market and fruitful orchards.
- Phu Quoc Grandstand: located on turns 22-23, named after the largest island in Vietnam, also known as Jade Island due to its picturesque beaches and landscapes like National Park Phu Quoc, An Thoi archipelago, Bai Truong, Van Ninh fishing village, Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc (the first and largest semi-wild zoo in Vietnam)